Based at our manufacturing operation inHillsboro, TX. The Forklift Driver operates industrial forklifts to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials in and/or between departments or yard, and delivers finished goods from work areas to yard and/or loads on trailers.
- Completes daily forklift inspection. Advises supervisor of any issues after daily inspection.
- Chooses and utilizes the proper lifting device to lift product with forklifts to load, unload, transport, and stack material in appropriate areas. Operates forklifts in departments, production areas, and yard in a safe manner, always abiding by the speed limits and safety policies.
- Moves product around the facility and yard area in a careful manner to ensure product does not get damaged; moves finished product out of production areas and properly stores product in the designated areas within the yard; moves raw materials, equipment, and forms as requested.
- Inspects final loads prior to departure to ensure correct product, materials, and equipment are correctly loaded and accurate per load sheets; ensures that product is loaded with proper loading weight limits and proper positioning of product; adjusts load as needed to ensure safe transportation of products or materials; assists drivers to prepare for departure by securing loads as required.
- Obtains delivery schedule and loads correct products on trailers or boom trucks. Responds to will call requests and loads customer vehicles with appropriate product and/or materials.
The ideal candidate will possess demonstrated materials handling experience in an industrial environment. Other desired qualifications include:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience operating powered forklifts.
- Ability to follow instructions for operating equipment and keeping records.
- Ability to operate cranes, forklifts and other lifting equipment, when certified, in support of manufacturing.
- Ability to troubleshoot work-related problems.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of various material-handling equipment.